What is Health & Wellness Coaching
Health and Wellness Coaches partner with clients seeking self-directed lasting changes, aligned with their values, which promote health and wellness and, thereby, enhance well-being. In the course of their work health and wellness coaches display unconditional positive regard for their clients and a belief in their capacity for change, and honoring that each client is an expert on his or her life, while ensuring that all interactions are respectful and non-judgmental. (www.nbhwc.org)
Why Tribeca Physical Therapy?
At Tribeca Physical Therapy, all our physical therapists are certified wellness coaches through the Catalyst Coaching Institute. It is a wonderful skill that complements our treatment approach. Wearing this separate hat gives our clients access to our wellness coaches via phone or video chat through our HIPAA compliant app.
Our promise to YOU
1. Partnership: “We promise to work with you, as your helper – and not as your ‘boss’. We promise to remember that you are the expert on youm and on your life, and that we will not attempt to assume that role on your behalf. We promise that we will involve you every step of the way, in the work that we do together. We promise to remind you from time to time to let us know if you ever feel us getting too far ahead of you, or if it seems like we’re pulling, or pushing, or persuading you to do what we might want you to do.”
2. Acceptance (Absolute Worth): “We promise to accept you as a human-being who is a s good as, and as worthy as, and as deserving as I am, and as admirable as every human being who struggles to make things better. We promise to see you for who you are – and not as a victim of all the things that might have gotten you to this place. We promise that we will see you for who you are – and not who someone else might want you to be.”
3. Acceptance (Affirmations): “We promise to give attention to the good, and courageous, and the ‘amazing’ in you. Whenever we see them, we will highlight the skills and traits and strengths that you possess and that are available to you as you work at improving your life through our talks. I promise that I will affirm all the positive characteristics that I see in you, and I’ll encourage you to do the same, especially when you overlook some of them yourself.”
4. Acceptance (Accurate Empathy): “We promise to work very hard to understand your point of view, with accuracy, before we ask you to consider ours. We will ask you to correct us when you sense that we haven’t gotten it right, so that we can join up with the way you see things – from behind your own eyes. WE promise to remember that we are not in your shoes and never have been. That is why we promise to stay curious, and to learn from you about what your experience has been and what hopes and wishes call you forward. We promise that listening – and more importantly – hearing what you say, and mean, and want, and need will be a priority in the way we work with you.”
5. Acceptance (Autonomy Support): “We promise to respect that you are the boss of you, in all ways. We will be here to help you navigate. We’ll keep one eye on the map and the other focused on our starting point. We’ll help you decide where you want to go from here, and what options you have, and what goals you want to reach. We will honor the fact that you are in the driver’s seat in the work we do together.”
6. Compassion: “We promise that we will care about and be guided by what is best for you, even though it’s hard for you to do that for yourself. We will work to earn and deserve your trust by making sure that your needs are always at the heart of every conversation we have. We promise to invest in and care about finding ways for you to get a good result – even if that means helping you connect with others who are better suited to help you than us.”
Evocation: “We promise that calling forth your opinions, and wants, and needs and abilities in regard to what we are working on will be a priority in the way we work with you. We promise to listen to your reasons for making the decisions you do, and not to the plans we might make as if we were talking about us instead of you. We know that our shoes are the only ones we can ever walk in – and that also goes for you. We promise that asking will be a priority in the way we work with you.”
***Shared with permission by Paul Burke, member of MINT 2013
Payment and Insurance
Here at Tribeca Physical Therapy we’re all about transparency and efficiency. The treatments are exclusive making sure our clients investment of their time and money is well worth. We are a fee per service practice where in clients will be provided with coded receipts in which they may get reimbursement from their insurance using their out of network benefits. We are more than happy to work with our clients towards the reimbursement process.
If you want to know more details about our packages book a discovery visit, send us an email or give us a call at (212) 406-8080.